Free Alarm Clock 3.1.0
Free Alarm Clock Review:
This new and innovative application called Free alarm Clock is designed by some guys from Comfort Software and it helps you to set alarms for various tasks on your Windows desktop and laptops. It is unknown whether it can support Windows RTM for smartphones or not but, as of now, it brings the capabilities of your smartphone to your PC.
Free Alarm Clock lets you set reminders, perform various customizations in terms of different varieties of sounds to select from, scheduling your dates and much more. An alarm does not necessarily mean a sound or a horn, but it can also indicate to wake up your computer or wake up your screen, which in turn can wake you up.
- You can enable your computer to wake up or just wake up your screen at a scheduled time.
- You can set multiple alarms just like your smartphone with different tones and behaviors.
- You can add your own sound files and can personalize the various alerts set by default.
The strikingly important aspect of this application is the near minimalistic UI where you can click an “Add” button and set your alarms for a future time. You can set the behavior like waking up the computer or turning on the screen after a few hours and so on.
- The interface is pretty much straightforward letting you simply place an alarm to remind you of anything.
After an alarm goes off, it will show you a notification to snooze it or stop it. The interface is not feature rich keeping in mind the simplicity as its top most priority.
Now, in the latest version it can randomly play a song from a directory and it supports .wav and .wma files too.
- In addition to the above behaviours, it can also open a url after turning on the screen, for example, and keep it ready when the alarm goes off to remind you of something. This is not limited to just opening url but you can execute any command from the terminal. The allocation is very simple.
- It supports four languages for the UI like Chinese, Romanian, Czech and Arabic.
Some previous issues have been fixed like non-responsive floating clock, unable to play some sounds and introducing the proper daylight saving timings.
In all, this is a very simple 1.8 MB file currently in version 3.1. Free Alarm Clock is a freeware, above all.
Free Alarm Clock Reviews (Add your review!)